Saturday, January 5, 2013

Oh Hello - NAC #27 / My Challenge #54

Pin It
Hey y'all. Hope you're having a fabulous weekend. I don't know about you but these short weeks really throw me for a loop. It just doesn't seem like Saturday although I did really enjoy sleeping in today! I was cleaning up around the house when I realized I still needed to make my card and post it for this week's Nacho Average Challenge. ACK!!!! Good news is I knew exactly what I wanted to make so I got right to it. Even better news is that it turned out just like I had envisioned it. It seems like lately that hasn't been happening a lot so I was pretty excited about this. I couldn't miss posting because I haven't missed one of their challenges yet. Hard to believe they're on #27 already! If you haven't joined in on one of their challenges, hop on over and check them out and then make sure to follow them so you get their challenges each week. They have some Amazingly talented ladies on their DT. I love seeing what they've created each week and they always leave the nicest comments. Don't forget to check them out, just finish here first ok. :)

Here's my card for this week's challenge-


What do you think? C&S is definitely not my norm, but that's one reason I love doing challenges so much. They can really force you to step out of your comfort zone. If you noticed the title of today's challenge I have decided to keep doing at least one challenge each week. That was something I challenged myself to last year and I'm going to continue with it this year as well.

Here's the sketch I was working with-


My only alteration to the layout was to add an additional layer. This card is still really flat and, believe it or not, no Dimensionals were used in the making of this card. If you know me, you know that's very unusual. This would mail really easily and probably without any additional charges.


I started with a base of So Saffron. My color palate was inspired from the DSP I was working with. It's from our new Tea Time Collection and it's Fabulous! I can't wait to make more cards with this collection. I added a layer of Whisper White c/s that I ran through the Big Shot with my Perfect Polka Dot E.F. and Tombowed a 2 x 4 piece of the DSP onto this. I added some Baja Breeze Seam Binding to cover the seam and then added a bow which I secured with a Mini-Glue Dot. I actually adhered the back of my tag, which I hand cut, to my DSP so it won't go anywhere. Here's a closer look at my tag. Are you wondering why it just says "Oh"-



Because the rest of the sentiment is on the inside. I thought that added a little extra interest to the card front. This is from the Oh Hello stamp set that's new in our Spring Catalog. Love that set. I always think they can't make me want it all and then I almost always do! The words were masked and then inked with a Marina Mist Stampin Write Marker.



Here's the inside-




I almost never leave the inside without a sentiment, but I was kind of in a "Note-card" kind of mood and thought I would leave the inside blank so there would be plenty of room to write. Of course just because there's no sentiment doesn't mean it has to be plain. You know I like to have pretty insides so I stamped the flower from the same set. I colored the stamp in with Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi markers and then used my Blender Pens and Baja Breeze and Certainly Celery ink pads to finish the coloring. A little love from Tink and my card was finished. Here's a closer look-

It's so pretty and shimmery in person.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to create something new and fun and maybe a little out of your comfort zone. If you liked today's card or have questions about it I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment below. I love hearing from you and your comments really make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan






Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute card--that tag is adorable!! I love the soft colors and your bow! Beautiful job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little interactive card is so cute! I love how you have to lift the flap to get the whole sentiment! So fun!!! The color combo is so pretty and soft too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Just gorgeous.
    Thank you for playing along with us @ NAC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet and Simple! Love it! Thanks for your continued support of the Nachos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan