Tuesday, January 8, 2013

MDS Today - Yarn, Yummy Yarn /SMDS #7

Pin It
Hey y'all. I'm so excited! 2 posts in 2 days. Woo-Hoo! I've been trying to do more MDS and there's a new challenge over at Simply My Digital Studio's FB Page. If you haven't checked them out yet, make sure you do, just finish here first, kay. :) The page is the brainchild of Heather Summers & Kimberly Van Diepen, who both do Amazing MDS creations. Although I haven't been with them since the beginning, I didn't start too late and I've done all the challenges. One of the nice things about their page, it's all about trying new things. They also do a video for each challenge. (How Helpful is that!?! So Helpful I tell you!)  Oh and there's lots of supportive people encouraging each other. :) This week's challenge was to use multiple layers of DSP and from different sets. Here's my  page-


This page started with the idea to use a circle as a background for the pictures of my sweet, sweet studio assistant Deucey. Now he's helping out with my crocheting too. These are pictures of him helping out with Baby Tooey's blankie. You did know it was important to taste test your yarn creations, right?

While I'm sure the idea was to use many more DSP layers than I did, I couldn't do it.  Many of you know that mixing &/or matching different colors and patterns is Terrifying for me, so while I only used two patterns, the Background paper (from the new Lemonade Stand CD available in the new SAB Catalog) and the strip of patterned DSP across the page (from the 2013 Quotable Calendar DSP set) I did add the Hello Doily Background stamp, which added a lot of pattern. In fact, the first DSP I picked was the Doily sheet in the Flirtatious DSP Set. So, in my mind that counts as three. That works for you too, right? I hope so. Any-who, I drew my color inspiration from Baby Tooey's blankie, obviously, and the pics of my sweet crocheting assistant were just too cute to not share. :)

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to step out of your comfort zone and try something that you find a little difficult. This silly page took me almost 2 hours to make because I just couldn't decide on the patterns to mix and how to apply them with the picture layout I had in mind. But, you know the motto of this blog - "Just try", so I did and 2 hours later, I'm very happy with the outcome. If you like today's project or have questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment in the area below. I love hearing from you! I read all of your comments and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin this, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Here's the supply list-

Background
     Designer Series Paper/_Designer Kits/Lemonade Stand - designer series paper/Lemonade Stand - 6

Stamps
    Hello, Doily/Hello, Doily - background piece, Color = LUCKY LIMEADE 170,172,62

Photos
    Designer Series Paper/_Designer Kits/2013 Quotable Calendar - designer series paper/2013 Quotable Calendar - pattern 5

   
Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan