Tuesday, January 1, 2013

MDS Today- Basking Duck / Texting on a Path / MDSM 4 and Simply MDS Challenge #5

Pin It
Hey y'all.
Happy New Year!!!!
I will be back later this week with my 2012 Year in Review. Yeah, I know I'm a little late, but better late than never. I hope you had a great evening last night and are having an Amazing, family/friend filled holiday today.

Today I have a MDS Scrapbook Page for you. I know it's been a while since I posted any MDS. I've been working on my 53 Weeks scrapbook and have been staying caught up with a page each week. I'll try and start posting some of those. For today's challenge I combined two different challenges. Many of you know I don't like color challenges because they give me too many options and I usually combine them with a sketch challenge. I found the same applies to techniques, so I combined this weeks challenge at Simply My Digital Studio Challenge (FB) to text on a path with a great sketch over at My Digital Studio Monday. Here's my take on this weeks challenges-

Texting on a Path
Last week on Christmas Eve-Eve, I went down to the National Mall for a little walk-about. 6 hours and 10.65 miles later, I had pictures of some of my favorite places/views including the National Christmas Tree by day and night. These 2 pictures were taken at my All-Time Favorite place on the mall, Constitution Gardens and additionally they are 2 of my favorite pictures of that day. 

I'm really happy with how this turned out. Deciding on a color palate is usually one of the hardest things for me. I decided to go very neutral so my pictures would really stand out. I added an overlay from Naturals Composition and then added some strips of paper from the Number One Collection. I love how they both look like fabric, like a strip of linen and burlap. I also used the Rip-Edges feature to give a handcrafted, organic look to my page. A little white stitching was added to mirror the sketch.

I used the Text on a Path feature to really Highlight my two pictures and tell how I was feeling when I took the pictures. If you don't know how to utilize this feature you can view a video HERE.

It took me a while to actually get my text on a path but that's because I tried to make the path around both shapes. Here's a Tip for you- If you have more than one shape try splitting your journaling. Once I decided to split my journaling and do two shapes instead of one, it was much easier and went much quicker.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my page and I hope the ladies at both challenges like it too. If you liked it or have questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment and leave me a comment below. I love hearing from you and your comments really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's page, I've put those buttons on my site for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a fabulous page - I love it! You did well with persevering through the text path - it worked wonderfully. Your choice of neutral colours makes your beautiful photos pop! Love the sunlight shot! Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic page - you rocked the text paths! Love your muted colours for your photos and I love that sunshine shot! Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous page. You certainly mastered the text on a path - what a wonderful element on this page. I love the neutral colours/embellishments and the sweet stitching. Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the neutrals. They really make your photos stand out!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan